Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm officially the sushi girl.
I stopped at the Shoppette today (the military equivalent of a Mini Mart) when the Marine behind me commented on having seen me at the "Sushi-go-round" on numerous occasions. I did not recognize him and I could have denied being "that girl" but I think the plastic sushi roll on my key chain would have given me away. I played it cool and said, "Oh yes, there's no better "fast food" than sushi!" and he agreed that he has also developed a sushi addiction (Addiction? Who started using that word? Hmmm... ) I decided not to tell him that I had just come from the Sushi-go-round with a couple of friends. In fact I think he would have laughed or politely nodded in pity thinking, "Poor girl had to lie about having friends". (I usually go after work between 7:30 and 8 PM *by myself*.) I sometimes wondered what the sushi staff thought of me (I could have sworn I heard someone yell, "Norm!" the last time I walked in) but it never occurred to me that even other patrons had me pegged. Time to find another sushi joint I guess.

No comments: