I started my online graduate courses this week and I'm proud to say that I've been quite proactive and been one of the first students to complete our first assignments. (I'm taking 2 courses; 6 credits) I've traditionally been REALLY good at procrastination. That's why I've put off enrolling until now! Ha! (Not putting off on enrolling per se but knowing that once I enrolled I needed to be committed curbing my old habits; online education is not very conducive to procrastination as technological road blocks can often trip you up. Not to mention my more-than-full-time and erratic work schedule to work around.)
So anyhow, this holiday weekend (a holiday for everyone else, mind you. I still work Monday and Tuesday of Labor Day) and Jed has a "96". (96 hours, or 4 days of liberty from work; Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues). It's Sunday and he's beside himself, trying to decide what to do. I told him I'd take a break and go for a run or a bike ride at any time but so far he's downstairs moping, trying to get back in to a book he had been reading while we were on vacation. "This has never happened before! I guess I could clean." While I was on the computer yesterday he spent the afternoon cleaning out the garage. Although when he's home he's always been pretty good with the household chores, he's been especially great at it lately. He'd go golfing but the injury he sustained at work is impairing his swing. (minor injury; involving bruising of his ribs with long scrapes on his back. To give him his heroic due, he sustained his injury after rushing off to fight a fire - his helo was used to drop buckets of water). While I'm spending my time with my online courses I may have a particularly clean house and well-read husband.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment